Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Kilimanjaro 1st Meeting.

We had the first meeting last night at Cotswolds (an outdoor shop), for the COCO charity climb. They talked us through the itinerary and the kit list which was really helpful, since I don't really know that much about it.

We're going on the 15th - 24th June and I'm really excited XD. The only things that's making me a little nervous is the amount of money we each have to raise. It's around £2000 which is quite a a lot. Fortunately I contacted my old secondary school before the meeting and asked if they would have a non-uniform day to help me raise the money and they agreed :). There are over 700 kids that go to that school so I'll get about £700 :D. I'm also going to contact my old primary school and my sixth form college to see if they will help. I've also set up a just giving page so I can pester my family and friends for sponsorship :P. Feel free to donate if you like http://www.justgiving.com/becca-ellis.

I'll keep you updated on my fundraising progress and training, which I'm really looking forward to. Maybe this will give me the kick up the backside I need to join the gym and get back in my walking boots. Wish me luck folks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment