Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

17:09 - No comments

I'm going to the zoo :)



First of all, sorry for the lack of posts so far this year. January is exam and assignment month, so I was busy revising and such. I even had a maths exam on my birthday :(, but no matter, it's all over now.

In between all the revising I've been working on my new year's resolutions. For my birthday I got a voucher for Edinburgh Zoo from my very lovely girlfriend :). They have penguins and pandas so it's doubley awesome!!

Penguin Parade

I'm going to the zoo on the 28th January. Hopefully I'll be able to see the penguins up close, the reason I might not is that they take part in a voluntary penguin parade at 2 O'Clock. The keyword being 'voluntary', so it might be the case that none of the penguins feel like walking around and having loads of people stare at them. I can see why they might not fancy that, so if they don't take part I won't hold it against them : P.

Also, I booked my flights with a friend to Africa last week, I'll be flying into Nairobi and then getting a bus down to Tanzania which cost us £395 each for the flight, which is really good considering that flights straight into Kilimanjaro Airport are around £800 each. We also get an extra night there, which will mean an extra £20, but we'll get to see another COCO project and that I'm really looking forward too :).


Me and my girlfriend also booked a holiday to Italy last week. We're going to spend a week in Rome on the 23rd - 30th August :). Luckily it's quite a while away, so I should be able to save some spending money by then. So that's Rome, Penguins and Kilimanjaro firmly in sight :). Unfortunately the dates which I'm in Rome, means I won't be able to do the Rat Race, as that is on the 26th August. But I will change it to something similar, like another sporting event perhaps. 

Trevi Fountain
Another thing that will change is the 3 peaks bike and hike challenge. My friend Alex (he is doing it with me) and I have decided that it probably won't be possible to do it this year, cos neither of us have been on our bikes for a long time and it's a good 500 miles that we'd be riding. So we're going to train very hard this year both for the bike and hike and the tough mudder event. We might still do the 3 peaks and just get trains between them for this year or we might do the West Highland Way instead. The West Highland Way is a 96 mile stretch of gorgeous Scottish Highland from Milngavie, just outside Glasgow, to Fort William in the Highlands.


Finally I have also joined the gym at my university, but only a fitness centre membership, I haven't joined any sporting clubs yet. I plan to do that in September when the Uni starts up again, so I can join at the start of the academic year rather than in the middle. Plus, if I joined now they might laugh at my lack of fitness :P, so I'll tone up in the gym first. 

Well it's been quite a productive start to the year 2012, hopefully it will continue to be such :). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment