Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2011

20:41 - No comments

50 books in a year - DONE!

After 2 years of trying to do this I've finally done it! In the first attempt I think I only got to about 30 so I'm really chuffed I finally got there this year. I averaged about 1 book a week, which sounds easy enough, but to do it consistently for 50 odd weeks is quite hard especially when you go on holiday and have exams to revise for and moving house. So I'm really proud of myself :). And here's the final list, I love lists :). My favourites are in blue and I highly recommend them :) 


  1. The Hobbit
  2. The Fellowship of the Ring               
  3. The Two Towers                                                    
  4. The Return of the King (I read The Lord of the Rings every year, cos it's awesome!)
  5. All Quiet On The Western Front
  6. Frankenstein
  7. Lord of the Rings and Philosophy
  8. Regeneration
  9. A Fool's Alphabet
  10. The Blasphemer
  11. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
  12. Of Mice and Men
  13. The Lost Symbol
  14. Around the World in 80 Days
  15. Life of Pi
  16. The Man Who Cycled the World
  17. Fighter Heroes of World War One
  18. The Green Mile
  19. One Day
  20. Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
  21. Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
  22. Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
  23. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
  24. Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix
  25. Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
  26. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (I read one Harry Potter book a day in the run up to the final film as a fond farewell to J.K.Rowling's world :), that and I was a bit behind in total :P
  27. The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz
  28. Witchling
  29. Changeling
  30. Darkling
  31. Dragon Wytch
  32. Night Huntress
  33. Demon Mistress
  34. Bone Magic
  35. Harvest Hunting
  36. Blood Wyne (28 to 36 is known as the 'Otherworld' series. Fantastic science fiction about 3 sisters, one is a witch, one is a werecat and the third a vampire. http://www.galenorn.com/Otherworld/index.php?body=ow-witchling.htm )
  37. Solitaire Mystery
  38. A Wolf at the Table
  39. Tuesday's With Morrie
  40. A Journey to the Centre of the Earth
  41. Interview with a Vampire
  42. American Psycho (Read this out of curiosity and never will again, I like horror films and everything but this is just disturbing)
  43. Private Peaceful (This book made me and my 17 year old brother cry)
  44. The Auschwitz Violin
  45. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
  46. War of the Worlds
  47. The Kite Runner
  48. The Colour Purple
  49. One Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich
  50. Stephen Hawking: A Briefer History of Time.(This also allowed me to cross off 'understand a science book' XD) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment